Re: Recap on 'World Records Topic'

To: "\"\\\"LandSpeed\\\" Louise Ann Noeth\"" <lanspeed@west.net>
Subject: Re: Recap on 'World Records Topic'
From: tim schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 07:16:50 -0500
Well I'm not sure if you got my point ,but I'm very sure I no longer get
the point of this endeavor from your perspective.I have no desire to
"unseat" anyone's B'ville record by running over it at Maxton-although I
do enjoy doing that.I thought the big idea here was to establish a
credible set of standards which if adherred to at various locations could
be used to establish a "fastest in class" standard across venues without
changing or endangering any of the local records.If the point is simply to
make it easier for people running at B'ville to establish some sort of
international record that's a credible goal, but I don't see it as very
usefull to those of us who don't,won't or can't get to the promised land
to "test their mettle against a higher standard".Count me out of the
"someone who cares" contingent.
                                       Tim Schoeny

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]