Re: Recap on 'World Records Topic'

To: Nt788@aol.com, lanspeed@west.net
Subject: Re: Recap on 'World Records Topic'
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:18:51 -0800 (PST)
Bravo Jack, I support that 110%.  I grew up drag
racing, but gave up on it as a sport when the
quickest car no longer won.  I haven't yet
expereinced Bonneville (I plan on it this year!),
but the first time I pulled into the pits at
Maxton I thought I had gone through a time warp
to 1958.  Cars were parked on the grass, families
were set up in picnics, guys were standing around
jaw-jacking.  Racers shared with each other, and
didn't hesitate to help each other.  I set a
teeny-weeny little record that year, but it was
done with the help of about a dozen other racers
who gave me advice, loaned me their tools and
parts, and even put their car on jacks to let me
borrow wheels and tires for the record run.
ECTA, SCTA, USFRA are keeping real hot rodding
alive, as well as supporting, producing, and
recording records along with FIA and FIM.  They
provide the only venues where you can honestly
run whatever you bring!  My hat's off to all of
them who "make it happen".

Dick J