Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question
From: "Dale" <Dale@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:15:14 -0500
Thanks Dale, I appreciate the clarification.  Makes sense. I hadn't noticed
the /2 or /4  designation when reading the SCTA rule book, then noticed the
designation when I read the Maxton records.  Well, cool, in that case, I
appreciate the forward thinking of the ECTA.

Dale,
   The E.C.T.A. recognizes that there are inherent differences between 2
cycle (the /2 class) and four cycle (/4 designation) engines. The other
sacntions either..... (a) don't know there are differences (which I don't
believe)..... (b) don't care........ or (c) just don't think it matters,
because they are really old school car guys (most likely).
As far as the designation for your motorcycle, Ducatis are a four stroke
design so it woul be a 1000/4 engine. P/P is a production pushrod
designation . If your Ducati is a Desmo drive model and is stock in all
forms but tires it would be in a P/1000/4 class. P = Production, 1000 =
displacement , 4 = four stroke.