Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:43:26 -0800
Hi Dale,

I don't know for sure, but it looks to me like the ECTA is using the /2 and
/4 designations for 2-stroke and 4-stroke motorcycle classes. If you look
over the records, you'll see they also have a /R class for rotary engines.
So, it looks like your Duck would probably fit in the P/P 1000/4 class. The
SCTA doesn't differentiate between 2 and 4-stroke motorcycles, which is why
you don't see the /2 and /4 classes in the records for El Mirage, Muroc, or
the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Henry Deaton
SF, CA