Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Maxton Motorcycle engine class question
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:16:25 -0700
I like being able to race against a variety of configurations, and think the
SCTA
has a nice way of doing it by keeping the 2 and 4 strokes together.  I mean we
cant make a class separation for everything if there is a potential suspected
difference, do we need a rider weight class designation, or girth designation?
Even pushrod and overhead cammers used to be together, and many found NO problem
setting records that still stand with the pushrods.  Look at Dave Matsons
records
(set with a Vincent motor) they were set in the generic body/frame/displacement
class, he didnt enter pushrod.  I mean you just find a way to do it.  In line
fours might have a hp advantange, but what about the narrowness of the V-twin
(an
aero advantage), and the way a V-twin puts down power pulses (a traction
advantage).

Joe