Re: Why not use 4130

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why not use 4130
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:44:22 -0500
Keith, Jerry,

   My inquiries about chromoly vs mild steel have always netted the same
result.  The answer I get is that mild steel is "tougher" and can take a
severe impact better than chromoly.  The mild steel tube will bend before
breaking, whereas chromoly is more brittle and prone to breakage.  Like all
things dealing with safety, when the rules allow either, it's a personal
decision.  A decision we all hope we can live with.  (pun intended)

Got the new ECTA rulebook today, along with my Bonneville Racing News.  Now
that was a worthwhile trip to the mail box!

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA
Pole Cat Hollow. NC