why not use 4130

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: why not use 4130
From: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:23:01 -0000
I've found the questions/comments on 4130 very interesting, would anyone care
to state if either of the two materials is better than the other, or does it
just depend on who's built the chassis i.e. the ability of the builder, is the
potential speed of the car involved in the choice the metal? If you are using
mild steel tubing where does the S.C.T.A. stand on welding process' I beleive
the n.h.r.a. recommend mig welding for mild steel(don't quote me on this)
Paul