Re: Hanging out/ What's up?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hanging out/ What's up?
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:30:07 -0700
Keith,List,
 Out here in Southeast Arizona it is warm and too dry. Not working on the
car today. Watched the Nascar boys tear em up at Bristol and then mowed the
yard. We start the serious thrash at the local 3/8 mile Nascar track next
week with our real season opener where we run all five divisions. It's the
only night of the year when we do that.
 I think I have all the positions covered with the 16 officials I have hired
and hopefully trained. As it turns out, the toughest part of this job is not
the harangue from the racers for the on track calls I have to make, but
keeping reliable, dependable officials who are not on a power trip as soon
as they put the officials uniform on. Most of my friends thought I was
either too old or too smart to take the job but  you all know how that goes.
Some of us are not smart enough to walk away from a challenge. We always
think we can make a difference.
 Will start back tomorrow morning and finish the nitrous bottle mounts and
then build a mount for the aux. fuel tank, pump, regulator, etc. The engine
guy likes to run the motor on alcohol and use gasoline as the supplement
with nitrous so that requires a totally separate system. One of these days
I'm going to run out of room in that car. It's 8 lbs. in a 5 lb. sack now.
 Now that you are all asleep, I'll sign off.
Howard