Re: Hanging out/ What's up?

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hanging out/ What's up?
From: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:05:02
Hi Everyone,
I was waiting to post pictures of the great looking pieces Gary made for the
car lately, but today's theres been a set back. I started the motor after
changing the oil pump back in january and didn't really make much of an
attempt to prime the engine first.... After the motor would no longer chank,
I pulled it apart and found at least one spun rod bearing and a kinda blue
rod. The mains don't look too good either. This is pretty depressing, before
I had too much oil pressure and this time obviously not enough. I hadn't
figured out a way to mount an oil pressure gauge in line to the oil filter
on our merc flathead yet, and this is all my fault. Phil