Re: Hanging out/ What's up?

To: Want1937hd@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hanging out/ What's up?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:23:13 -0800
Bob,
I had a Harley "45" back in the fifties. I'm not sure of the year model,
maybe a 1941, I would not know the difference, one year to another, and
my memory fails me. I will see if I can find a picture and post it. A
previous owner had installed a suicide clutch on mine. It was fun to
ride. I rode with a couple of friends that had English bikes. Needless
to say, the Harley couldn't keep pace with the BSA or Triumph climbing
hills, (the Harley's power to weight ratio suffered), but I tried
anyway. Another friend that rode with us occasionally had a Harley, I
think it was a "80" flat head. It was a old military bike that was
produced to be used with a side car. The only bike I have seen with a
reverse gear.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC