Re: Maxton

To: <RAWAWA@aol.com>, <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: "David Freiburger" <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:43:51 -0700
Not that I'll be at Maxton enough for it to count, but my opinion is that
running up-class should not be allowed. As long as it is allowed, why would you
ever run a AA?

By the way, I visited Dale Earnhardt Inc. (Mooresville, NC) last week and
dropped by Grib's Muscle Motorsports down the street. The place is definitely
worth a look-see--you'll wind up buying all sorts of things you never knew you
needed.

DF

>>> "Chris "Dad" Land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net> 7/11/01 2:21:50 PM >>>
"Guthrie's-rent-a-sprocket" shows how rediculas it can get if you allow any
lower
displacement class to jump to a higher displacement class that is open.
Blantent
manipulation of points for overall standings.  Without class miniums of
displacement and speed in open classes all kinds of  rediculas things can be
achieved right or wrong.  If this is the first you've been able to see it, don't
gripe untile it effects you.  I think it proves a point about shortcomings that
need to be addressed in the E.C.T.A. rules. The first time I flouted the rule
next
time I might flaunt the rule.maybe this point would address how a 100cc bike
could
run in a 3000cc multi-engine class.ya build a vehicle to run in a class.run it
there! right?instead of manipulation the rules,or addrress this issue. i beleive
K.T. agrees. any feedback?

Yours Truly
Jumping Class Flash

/