Re: Maxton

To: kturk@ala.net (Keith Turk), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
Keith, I have to agree, class-jumping is not a bad policy.  Nothing to
prevent somebody else from going faster and taking the record later.
The extra entry fee helps to keep the Association in the black
financially.  The meet expenses for insurance and the emergency
personnel on duty are high, plus a little for the site rental.  We need
a healthy cash-flow, and class-jumping is one harmless way to help that.
All the ECTA leadership is volunteer, nobody makes money on it, we've
got something really precious here and we need to protect, preserve and
perpetuate it.  I hope the ECTA banner is flying long after I'm gone.
Cheers Bill