Re: Speed Week concerns

To: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Subject: Re: Speed Week concerns
From: "Chris \"Dad\" Land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:30:24 -0400
i have no problem with the way it is........... if  we can do something to make
someone else feel safer & it's feasible..... sounds good to me. but riding a
motorcycle in full tuck (with no fairings or streamlining) a centerline would be
of no use to me.   i have one eye on my instrument panel (tach, fuel pressure
gage, oil pressure gage & air to fuel monitor), one eye on the black line to my
side and glancing at the horizon with my third eye.   so the way i ride in my
tuck
with no windshield i wouldn't be able to see a centerline for at least 100 yards
or more in front of me..... the only thing that bothers me or would cause me any
disorientation would be the black lines that are in the middle of the track at
obtuse angles.   these lines of course are black marks left from car tires when
the cars spin out.  i pick one side of the track & run parallel to a black line
as
it is right in my peripheral vision.  i personally do not feel unsafe with the
way
it's laid out now.  but anything i can do to help my fellow racers, you can
count
me in.   cause part of the equation is having to rebuild your motor when you get
back home & getting back home alive.   boatloads of fun while i'm there.   ol'
dad