RE: Speed Week concerns

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Speed Week concerns
From: "Parks, David" <David.Parks@lfr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:03:17 -0700
Just more of my $0.02, but I think the idea of a center line might be
overplayed. At the speeds we are going, you want to be looking pretty far
down the course anyway, and the side lines and mile markers usually provide
a fairly good 'long distance' view. I try (tried) to concentrate on the
point I'm trying to get to rather than constantly judge where I am in
relation to a line that is speeding along beside me (usually). I think a
'long distance' view helps to make the process of course corrections make
more sense and discourages overcorrecting. Okay, maybe it's only $0.01
worth...

David