Our New Car & A Great Weekend

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Our New Car & A Great Weekend
From: Br69br69br@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:06:47 EDT
Hello All,
       I want to give a special thanks to Mike Cook & Captain Billy. They
built us our first LSR car (a 275 inch Lakester,
http://216.147.41.224/car.htm ) and we got it out for it's first runs on
Sunday at El Mirage (Sadly, Business got in the way so I couldn't attend).
      The car went through it's first tech with flying colors and my dad,
John, got to line up for his first rookie run. He was able to get his "D"
License on his first and the cars first run. By the end of the day he had
made 3 runs and acquired his "C" & "B" Licenses with a top speed of 176+mph.,
all on our small block 350 Chevy mule engine pulled out of dads 53 F100
Pickup! Dad said the car went "Straight as an arrow", even though the track
was going away.
      I just wanted to thank Mike & Billy for the extra effort at the lakes
this weekend and throughout our project and give my dad a pat on the back for
his best ever top speed. I hope to see everyone next month. It would be great
to duplicate his efforts but I'll just be happy to get my first runs in a car
in and hopefully get licensed.

Best Regards,
           Brett Ritter "Team PRO-FLO"
               http://www.pro-flo.com