classes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: classes
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:50:04 -0400
  The neat thing about this form of racing, as a newcomer to the sport , is
that it allowed me to use an existing platform to go racing with only safety
upgrades as the requirement.It would seem to me that if someone comes up
with a new combination to try the only concern about classification should
be the safety issues which aren't up for debate, are they? If someone shows
up at Bonneville or Maxton with a unique vehicle what would it take to get a
new class or record established? Sure in Nascar or NHRA it is run what they
dictate but is that where this sport is heading? Also how many times has it
happened recently where someone showed up with something that couldn't be
classified already? I can't wait for April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott