classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: classes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 04:57:09 -0700
"it's been this way for years and should stay that way"

John & list,

I don't think that this is my quote.

I don't try to stifle innovation with our class structure. My orginal question
was, with 400+ classes why must we add new classes that are (with some
exceptions) only a slight revision of what is currently available. The 2nd
question was, with a rulebook that covers literley every configuration of LSR
specific vehicle why add classes for vehicles that are specific to other forms
of motorsports?

The argument that it would bring many more entries is a myth as far as my
personal experience(since '63) has been. Where is the guy who was going to
bring 12 -15 F150 Lightning trucks to Bonneville and El Mirage if we gave him
a class for Production Sugercharged Pickups up to 351 ci? There have been no
postings to his website since May regarding our form of racing.

Regards the conversation I had about using ERC products, not just 110, was
that this guy needed a slow burn gas for his setup. He had not contacted Rick
Gold to see if any product was available to meet his needs. He was just not
going to conform with our rules - end of story!

Dan Warner