classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: classes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:57:05 -0700
such as the new
"nostalgia" class, it will be made up of
vehicles that were designed to turn right
and left
******************************
Joe,

This statement is not entirely true. Sure, the orginal vehicles were purchased
for normal driving just like a WC "stock car"(?). The new Classic Category was
installed primarly to bring back cars that were already built for LSR at the
request of the people involved. If new vehicles are built to compete in this
category so much the better.

I fail to see the like comparision.

If another group of classes is added and the proposed number of entries show
up in Wendover where will you house them in August? The town is already to
capacitiy for us, rates are unreal, service is poor if it exists at all.. At
World of Speed, at 5:30 AM, Henry Louie and I waited for close to 20 minutes
before one of seven servers approach us for a breakfast order. This was done
only after Henry spoke to some kind of shift manager. While waiting for our
meal the waitress was removed in handcuffs, caught in a INS raid. I had to
leave to get to the racetrack for record runs. Henry was unable to find anyone
to total a bill so he could pay.

I think a good approach would be to lobby the USFRA for these classes. The
event is less crowded and they could use the entry monies. They certainly
deserve it, they put on a super meet when all the conditions are right.

Dan Warner