Fw: varity of classes

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: varity of classes
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:50:27 -0500
Well said, Dan.
We play in your saltbox according to your rules and we like it.
This thread has been interesting, and I bet some of this same discussion
took place in the 1940's when it was decided to let the coupes and
sedans run with the roadsters.  Then there were no wannabes, they all had a
car to run and the rules were expanded to accommodate existing cars that
already met most of the rules.  Recent times this has happened with turbines
and other classes with people who had cars that had already been running. I
see no problem making more classes, but I see your point that the car ought
to first exist, or the person be a racer
and not a wannabe that wants to change the rules.

Someone mentioned buying a car.  Most of us Nebraska racers built our
own. Buy or build, we're all doing this for the same reason: to have fun.

Put me down for Streamliner, Lakester, Mod. Roadster, Street Roadster,&
Coupe-Sedan. Engines include D, E,H, XF, &XXF.  I ran them before and will
again.
Dave Thomssen
The Hayseed