Re: varity of classes

To: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: varity of classes
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 01:22:11 -0700
James,
You wrote: "Sorry you think you know how I feel"  ??

There's no doubt how you feel James, you told me to "say home" and I didn't
belong at Bonneville.
You call my car a "piece of shit" and then threaten me with retribution at
Tech Inspection
I'm a little guy too, and I work hard to earn a living and race. I build my
cars like any other little guy, I've got skinned knuckles and greasy
fingernails. My cars are good safe and fast and I'm proud of them

You wrote: "First I love NASCAR, i just think they don't need a class a
B'ville or the lakes"

Well I do. I'm not in Love with NASCAR, but I do love them cars (they call
them Hot Rods). This past year at least a dozen people contacted me
regarding a class for ex-NASCAR cars. They're interested and would come but
don't want to spend a couple of thousand dollars for a Time Only run. I can
afford it, but I'd sure like some kind of recognition for my
accomplishments. My proposal to SCTA has over 50 good reasons to accept a
NASCAR class.

You wrote: "The "list" asks for input.  you may not like mine but sometimes
I get too see a little of what goes on behind the
scenes, even if I don't like what I see, I still like to represent the
"little guy" in the sport and will continue to do so"

Everyone that buys a used NASCAR vehicle is not a millionaire.Vesco is a
"Big Guy", I'm a "little guy". My whole racing budget (car and all) doesn't
cover the cost of a single engine for a lot of the cars I've seen at
B'Ville.

Someone told me some months ago that the major opposition to a new class is
your points championship on the West Coast and the possibility of
sandbagging runs to build up points. I'm not interested in any points, as a
matter of fact my proposal for a NASCAR class to SCTA will include a
"minimum MPH" just like your Two Club. My opinion is that any "new Class"
should have these minimums. At Maxton, I set first time runs/records in open
classes at near 200 MPH

Seems to me this thread should have been "Vanity of Classes" instead of
Variety. I hope it ends soon.

I'll agree to your right to an opinion but the tone of your  note was
hostile. Perhaps we'll meet at B'Ville and I'll buy you a beer.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"