Re: varity of classes

To: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: varity of classes
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:37:44 -0700
Sorry you think you know how I feel.... First I love NASCAR, i just think
they don't need a class a B'ville or the lakes. 2nd I have rule books back
to the late 60's and I think Dan would agree that 90% of the rules which
have changed except for safety have some type of "personal agenda"  to make
something they did or were planning on doing "legal" ; or to make someone
elses car illegal. Point being the roadster rules had major changes 4 times
from 1971 to 1986 only to eliminate one car. Mine!!!! Once when Gary
Barrious owned it and 3 times while I have owned it.  I just changed the car
to fit the changed rules and came back stronger than ever. #3 The old rule
books had that phrase in the front of the book.  "If it does say you can do
it then you can't"  It was removed too. "Personal Agenda"????
I don't control what an entrant puts on his entry but I do get the calls
when the trophies, timing tags, and record certs are sent and the entrant
doesn't like what he wrote.  What would you do??????
I have never had any thing but good years, even when I went home in 1990
when they had given me a time 2 mph under the record and when I recieved the
"official" results 2 months later I had qualified 4 mph over and failed to
show up the next morning for the 2 record runs.  Just my tough luck.  I'm
sorry you don't want to meet me.   The "list" asks for input.  you may not
like mine but sometimes I get too see a little of what goes on behind the
scenes, even if I don't like what I see, I still like to represent the
"little guy" in the sport and will continue to do so.