Re: offset lifters

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: offset lifters
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:38:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/01 1:23:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
popms@thegrid.net writes:

<< Larry, Brownfield heads are now Air Flow Research. Does the heads you
 have use guide plates? The early brownfields use guide plates that are
 different spacing than chevys. I have some old ones around the shop but
 not enough to make a whole set. Off set lifters can only take some of
 the misalignment out of the push rods. Doug Odom in big ditch

Doug I have the guide plates. You state that the offset lifters can only take
some of the misalignment out. What do you do for the rest,offset rocker arms?
I did some measuring this morning and it looks like the exhaust line up with
the rocker stud but the intake is .135 out of line. Something that I found
interesting is on a stock set of chevy heads the center on the studs and the
center on the valves are off about .100 also. I guess I will call AFR Mon and
find out what I need. Thanks to all that took the time to help. Larry Mac