Re: What's Up?

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:20:03 -0700
Rich,
I went back east in Sept. and one of the things I did was spend some time
with my favorite uncle who was commander of a tank destroyer battalion in
WWII. He finished the war in a MK 18 tank destroyer which was powered by one
of those Ford motors. He said the earlier ones he had were powered by two
"Jimmie" diesels and had more power but would not start reliably in those
cold winters in Europe.
The Ford gas engine solved that so they would not be sitting ducks under
attack and couldn't get started.
Howard