Freeze Plugs

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freeze Plugs
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:36:50 -0600
Okay for the amusment of all concerned I'll tell on myself again....

I'm detailing a Small Block for the local speed shop... ( Fun Stuff in my
book )  and part of the process was to knock out the freeze plugs.   Soooo
I get out my trusty screwdriver and knock a hole in one and leverage it and
out it pops.... the next one didn't fair quite as well..... it went into
the water passage and went away.... Hmmm not good......   So.... a plasma
cutter later we didn't have any more problems with them going into the
block...   (ain't no chance of going in if they have a BIG hole that looks
like a pop top can)  And hey with the advent of sleeves they can fix that
bore where the Plasma cutter went throught the block J/K

Someone out there has a REAL way of removing these.... any thoughts

Keith ( yeah and I use Sledge hammers to put in 4 penny nails )