Re: Auto trans history

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Auto trans history
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:41:41 -0600
Bryan, list:
When I worked for Henry Rose Garage-- right after my stint as an army mechanic
in
the '60s-- we had a "shop car"-- you know, the thing that you make parts runs
in,
etc.-- that had one of these transmissions.  It was a Dodge, a '51 or '52, I
think.  Really pretty wierd to drive.  I don't remember it as a 4-speed, so I
was
probably one of those who never figured it out.  Of course, at 20 years young, I
guess I didn't have a whole lot of that "patience" thing you were talking about.
Russ Mack