Re: FIA/FIM

To: dhaller <dhaller@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: FIA/FIM
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:18:15 -0700
My take on FIA is the following. From everybody who has obtained an FIA
records. It has taken several years for them to get their records
certificates. Why should it take this long? I know there is some hassell
somewhere, but an organization like that that has beena around for
several years should have their stuff in line. People pay good hard
earned money to compete with a FIA sanctioning and they should be at
least rewarded with a quick turnaround in their investment, the
certification.
But Howard I see where you are coming from that if you establish an FIA
record it is the last word, but as In Joe Amo's case were he set the
record at 223 mph in the 1 liter class, the same record in FIM is 180
something, and also this was on a course that was sanctioned by the FIA
for record runs. It was two way average (225 mph & 221 mph).
Not really a question of who holds the "World" record. IN MY OPINION.

Jonathan Amo (who might have started all this the first time around last
year?)