TC

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: TC
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (pork.pie)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:05:47 +0100
Hi Folks.

Ups, I fear I kicked in a wasps' nest.

May be I was misunderstood.

What I liked to say, was, if someone like to go to a traction control, he has
see effect, advantages and problems. which comes out of TC from a lot of
different ways.

My idea with this letter was, to open a lot of directions, which has to be
seen.
And when I read the response, I have to say, that there are a lot more.

Thanks Russ, for your long response.

I'm sure that the racers, who runs for years at the salt, can give some more
inputs in this dicussion.

A little background, where some of my opinion comes from.

I was one of the test drivers for the Mercedes M-Class.
I done a lot for the long distance drive test. I also drove this car on the
salt.
The M-Class is using a TC over the brakes. To my expierence which I got on the
salt with this car, I'm a little bit "critical" to use TC on salt.

I'm sure that TC can give the ride a big advantage, but in the other way, it's
big gamble. If the TC works not perfect all the way down to the end of the
track, you be in trouble. And a perfect working TC had to be invented at first
-
in the moment there are not one.

And, what Russ said, it's absolute right, that the aerodynamic resistance of
the
car body is the factor we have to reduce. So it's all the time a compromise,
between aerodynamic and downforce - and to protect the tires from to much
pressure.
Earl's car is, pardon me, still that he was modified for a aerodynamic body
shape, a brick in the wind, which produced a lot of downforce.

Al last, I wrote this before, my English is limited, so it can be happened that
this what I like to say, comes otherwise over as I meant, sorry for that.

By the way, I'm not working for the True/Kostella team. This great people are
my
toughiest competitors on the salt in the I/GS and I/FS class.

I'm running with Don & Terry the little Green with the #286.
But I have no problem to be a fair sportsman, and to give this guys a help on
the salt, when I have time.

See ya

Thomas "Pork Pie" Graf