Re: TC

To: "pork.pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: TC
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 07:39:24 -0800
OK. Now I understand what you are talking about "Pork Pie".
My Honda has "TC over the brakes". It does not work smoothly.
Anyone on this list could do better than it does.
Honda wisely turns it off over 30 km/h (18 mph)

The TC I was talking about works the same way that TC has
always worked at Bonneville. It controls engine output.
The method of controlling engine output is changed.
Electronice not the drivers foot.
That's where ALL of the controversy comes from.
Telling the driver that he can't spin the tires when he wishes
would be unacceptable to any driver I've ever known.

I believe it should be allowed because I can't believe it is not
being used by someone. The driver wouldn't even know what was going
on at first. (oh, it's an ignition problem)

As in the past, when an improvement starts winning, winners start
using it. None of the electronic controls used by F-1 cars are required
by the rules and they DO NOT turn bad drivers into good drivers as
PROVEN by F-1.
TC on - Michael wins, TC off - Michael wins, TC on - Michael wins.

I think the real reason drivers object to allowing TC is the fear
that no car would be competitive (like in F-1) without it.

**

Herr Graf, your english is 1,000 times better than my german so you
can put the verb any place you choose.

**

Also, my original comment about requiring it was a stupid mistake
that I apologize for. I failed to think it through. Sorry.

Bryan