TC

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 08:10:19 -0600
Group
What an interesting thread!  Several things are clear from this discussion:
1. People take things way too personally and get bent out of shape when
disagreements arise.
2. Nobody has all the facts and everybody is operating from partial
information.  We are all plowing new ground here.
3. No two tires are exactly the same diameter so ONE of two driving wheels in
a locked rearend is ALWAYS slipping.
4. Tire spin is reality.  The old timers told me to calibrate your tach for 5%
slippage.
5. At 400 to 600 FEET PER SECOND speeds whatever device used (active
suspension, TC, expert driver) has to react very quickly to work.
6. Applying existing technology blindly without regard for all of the above
could be disastrous.
Dave the Hayseed