Re: Fw: Testing TC

To: basavage@earthlink.net, ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Testing TC
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:58:54 EST
In a message dated 12/3/01 8:01:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
basavage@earthlink.net writes:

<< It's not traction "control" it's traction "advice". How would that
 violate any rule? >>
I think we may be asking the wrong people how to circumvent/interpert the
rules. As racers we read the rules, apply them and go racing. If we are found
to be illegal we fight it. But the rules committee is the say so. I agree
that all of the things that have been presented will pass inspection, but to
ask Dan what is legal doesn't always cut it. Let me give an example: bought a
previously owned race car that had set records at the salt, read the rules
and had a question about a part that was raced on the car before purchase.
Went to the rules committee and was told "oh ya that cars run like that it's
no problem." Set a record and get protested and started a big brew ha ha.
Someone will always complain about something. If it don't say you can't do
it, you can. Traction control will always rub some people wrong (I just think
it's a waste of speed) But innovation is the name of the game. And I would
say a light and some of the other ideas are not any different from watching
your tach fluctuate or listening to your engine speed change.