RE: lakester frame

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com (Albaugh, Neil), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lakester frame
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:55:56 -0500 (EST)
I cut all the regulation 1-5/8" x .125" round steel tubing for my
roadster roll cage with one of Speedway's joint jiggers which uses a
1-3/4" hole saw in a 1/2" drill press.  I followed the model in the SCTA
Rules and Records Book.  ONE hole saw did the WHOLE job, but Neil you
are right, it ain't easy.  This is a long job.  The square tubing would
undoubtedly be way easier for the frame, but the roll cage proper must
be made of round tubing, I believe.  Bill