RE: Wheelbase

To: "'Rick Yacoucci'" <turborick@TurboRick.com>,
Subject: RE: Wheelbase
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:59:48 -0500
Hello from the Great White North, Rick.  You might see a note I posted on
the lsr list -- we've had a couple of feet of snow since Christmas Eve --
that's what life is like up here.  I've been plowing for the last couple of
days.  Live with it -- we get 15-25' (feet, I say FEET) of snow each year
and we're not in the mountains liked those pretenders in Utah or wherever
(sorry Wes and all, but snow in the flatlands is different from snow in the
mountains, I think).

Second of all:  You're welcome to pry (!?!).  I wrote that note with
reference to you 'cause you're the guy I'm trying to better and not only do
I envy you, I respect what knowledge you have/might try to hold close to
your chest.  Damn, I hope I can go that fast one day soon.  In the meantime
I'll race you and shake your hand after every run.  You're the man!  But
dammit, I'll try to beat you!!!

Third of all:  I understand your note about the conditions at WFinals.  You
can damn betcha I'll be at that race in 2002 in the hopes that conditions
will be that good again.  If they're not -- well, I'll shoot the sh*t with
you and tell just as many lies to you as you do to me.  After all, I know
Keith Turk and I have good training. . .

Doug Meyer was as helpful a fellow-racer as I had met, especially since I
was a "newbie" that could well have been considered nothing much more than
an "interested" spectator and therefore no more than a minor pain in the
hiney.  But:  I learned tons-o-stuff from him that I was able to take back
to the shop - and mostly I learned some humility, if you'll forgive my lack
thereof.  I hope to be good to others, and I hope they'll be good to me,
too.

A data logger and laptop computer are included in my Christmas list for the
bike.  Lotsa other stuff that I haven't listed here, too.  Please be in
touch and I'll tell you what I've got in mind.  I'll call you soon if I
don't hear otherwise from you.

Best of all:  Anytime you wanna go for a ride I'll be happy to ride on the
street or the track with you.  There aren't many folks I can ride with
anymore -- I wanna go fast with someone that'll understand what fast,
faster, and above, is like.  Maybe we'll have to wait for the Salt or
Maxton, or maybe I'll have to go to the California lakes.  What'll it take
to get you to Maxton this year?

220.7++, hunh?  Damn, I like it when the gauntlet is not only thrown, but so
well defined.  I'll call you one of these days so we can compare lies.

Let's go racing!!

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)