Re: Plug wires

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Subject: Re: Plug wires
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:57:09 -0800
Ed,

 From the information I have, there is a wide variation in acceptable
secondary wire resistance measurements between the different
manufactures. Ford says less than 5000 ohms per inch, GM is under 15,000
ohms per foot and Chrysler says under 50,000 ohms per wire. My take is
that with a good high voltage ignition system, there can be lots of
resistance and still function well. Personally, I like to see about
2,000 ohms per foot.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC