Re: Rulebook Firewall Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rulebook Firewall Question
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:39:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/2002 9:05:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dseely@sginet.com writes:

> I was wondering about that 'multi-tube' ruling myself.  When does a roll
> cage become a multi-tube frame?  Or is it just trying to get us to use a
> boxed channel OEM style frame?  Alstons makes a bitchin roadster frame but I
> would hate to build the whole car and then have it ruled as illegal because
> it violated the multi-tube rule.
> Dave Seely
> 1141 XF/VOT with a wood covering the steel firewall, now illegal.

Dave,
       I believe that the "frame" rule relates to the actual frame of the
car, not the roll bar or roll cage structure. In other words, the frame is
what the suspension, engine drive train, and roll cage/bar structures are
attached to. The roll cage/bar structures are safety assemblies attached to
the car's frame.
Doug King...........#1313 XXF/MR