Re: To inject or not to inject...

To: dseely@sginet.com (Dave Seely), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To inject or not to inject...
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
Dave, that's interesting, that your racing gas Flathead gave the same
power with three 97s and the Hilborn.   I daresay  there are many
variations in the gasflow arrangements of a Flathead, depending on
individual preferences and tastes, and I can believe that you could get
that outcome with a gas Flathead.  The Hilborn has been very popular and
successful on racing Flatheads for over 50 years now, but it could well
be that where it really makes the big difference is with fuel engines,
and, most of all, when nitro comes into the picture, since I understand
that it was always hard to get carbs to work well with nitro, because of
the large volumes of fuel that give the best results.

I can say that after I finally figured out some of what I was doing with
the Hilborn on my gas Ardun, and got my ignition right, and most of all
did exactly what my coaches told me, it started to work like a charm.
And the discreet use of an electric priming pump like Hilborn said made
it almost start and run as easily as a grocery-getter, except much
louder.  Ardun Bill