Re: Re[2]: To inject or not to inject...

To: edlutz@laverdajota.com (Ed Lutz), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: To inject or not to inject...
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:46:51 -0400 (EDT)
Sure Ed, I have to agree, if you are running a Bonneville bike on gas
with one good-sized, well-tuned slide carb per cylinder, you will
probably get about the same good results as with an injector.  So with
gas especially, the expense of the injector would perhaps not be
justified.  Fuel might be a different case.  In any event, all the
Hilborn gear is high-class racing equipment that makes you feel good
just to handle and use it, and it is quick and simple to change jetting.
Hilborn makes one-cylinder injector units from which anybody can
construct mechanical injection for just about any bike.  And I can
testify that Hilborn(Fuel Injection Engineering Inc.) is very helpful
with your tech questions, and very fast and efficient with parts
delivery and repair needs.  Altogether a top-quality company.  Ardun
Bill