Re: Counterfeit bolts

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Subject: Re: Counterfeit bolts
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:53:25 -0700
    One of our sponsors is Coast Nut and Bolt in Grover Beach, Ca.
    I asked him about  counterfeit bolts. He told me that there are several
people in federal prisons right now because of that. Seems that if you sell
bolts to the government they get really pissed if they are not what you say they
are. If you look on the higher quality bolts you should see some kind of
vender/quality control marking. He sells to PG & E for the nuclear power plant
and San Luis Obispo county. So he has paper work on every fastener he sells. So
it should not be to hard to find non-counterfeit fasteners in your area.   Doug
Odom in big ditch