RE: Counterfeit bolts

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Subject: RE: Counterfeit bolts
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:16:26 -0500
Ed;

I don't remember the details but I think there was a system instituted that
sampled the Rockwell hardness and inspected other physical characteristics
of sample bolts from each manufacturing lot and from each lot that was
already in the system. If in doubt, I'm sure they were pulled and purged
from the system. I think they were destroyed rather than dumped onto the
surplus market. Maybe someone else knows more of these details.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ