Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:09:24 -0700
Tom, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that the analyses is pretty much on
track with regards to yank load. It is what I was trying to get everyone to
think about. I understand that there are speed secrets that everyone wants
to keep close to their chests, but there is no award for stopping fast or
correctly. We should ,as a community, be sharing all knowledge with respect
to stopping after the race is done. As to the assumptions of failure, are
you chiding me as to the cause? Hope not because, I very clearly make it
plain that I have not a clue as to what exactly happened. And just because
something works one time then fails another is more reason to look at the
high speed parachute situation...and I suspect that not much goes over you
head...

not picking on you Tom, just a good place for more soap box.

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump