Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: Parachute Deployment Load Rates...
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:32:34 -0600
Dave,
Why don't you just build one and test it? I personally think that proper
"stretch" and ultimate strength of the riser(s) along with proper canopy
design/size and the correct application of those two items regarding speed
will do the job. It has in the past for aircraft, space shuttles....even
airliners. But hey, there certainly could to be something better (like your
idea?) out there. If Bob is wrong and it isn't too big and heavy, I could
see if it would fit in my car.
Skip