Re: Ice Intercooler

To: Elon Ormsby <ormsby1@llnl.gov>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ice Intercooler
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:17:10 -0600
Thanks for the answer Elon, I am looking forward to the note on intercooler
induced icing.....we get some pretty low humidity percentages at Bonneville
and El Mirage so icing there should be rare. But what about Maxton? I bet
it (icing) can be a real problem there with high humidity. Or is it fuel
icing that you refer? The point is well taken in any case....icing can be a
problem almost anywhere.
I once had a Volkswagen that iced up in the San Fernando Valley due to a
small venturi carb on a "pepped-up" engine (bigger).........must have been
some really big flow velocities in there...didn't do it until I pepped it up.
Skip