Re: Ice Intercooler

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Ice Intercooler
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:49:47 -0800
Thanks for the information Dave.
You got me wondering what would happen if the all of the fuel used
was Propane (BP -42.1) or Methane (BP -161.7) ??
With methane could you put a 500 HP hit on Jack's flathead? (Just kidding)
Seriously, I wonder if Av Gas with the max. TEL added would be a good idea.

Thanks again for the (as usual) excellent information,
Bryan

Dave Dahlgren wrote:

>Joe I can only tell you what I think happens as I have no real way to prove it
>other than observation and intuition which is not all that scientific.
> Here goes.
>
>You and I talked a while ago and I keep saying that I seem to find the largest
>practical or at times survivable size for a nitrous system is about 50% of what
>the engine makes off the bottle. I never did elaborate on that but will a
>little
>now. Hope it makes sense to you.
>
>I think the base HP of the engine describes the amount of air and fuel at
>ambient temperatures and the relative amount of heat in BTUs during the
>combustion of the fuel. With gasoline these are all at ambient or higher
>temperatures so when you add the nitrous you have a certain number of BTUs that
>you can reduce the intake charge temperature before you go too cold and the
>fuel
>just becomes a liquid.

snip
snip