Re: Ancient History (non-LSR)

To: gridlen@yahoo.com, FastmetalBDF@aol.com, jonw@up.net, lsr_man@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Ancient History (non-LSR)
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:05:33 EST
In a message dated 12/11/02 11:42:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gridlen@yahoo.com writes:

> FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
> I can remember when my dad took me to see Admiral Richard Byrd's
> Expedition to Antarctica Convoy pass by on Route 9 near Worcester, MA,
>
> Kind of puts things in perspective when you can relate to things that most
> people think are ancient history...... at 64 I am only 7 years younger than
> the Empire state building
>

>               Glenn

  Just last week I gave a 1939 magazine to a friend that had a feature
article on this Vehicle. It must have been the latgest 4x4 built at that
time. It had two levels of living space. I think they left it down there
after the expedition.  Bob, days away from 52 in connecticut