Re: Ancient History (non-LSR)

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Ancient History (non-LSR)
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:42:20 -0800
    Neil, I was born 4-12-41 so don't remember much. I was outside playing when
I was 3 or 4 and heard thunder for the first time. Man I ran for the house as
fast as I could yelling " the japs are coming, the japs are coming". My mother
never did stop teasing me about that.
    Had an Uncle that was on Wake island at the start of the war. Spent the
entire war in a Japanese prison camp. I remember going down to the dock with my
mom and aunt when the hospital ship came in. My aunt saw him and went right up
and over the chain link fence and ran to him. A shore patrol tried to stop her
and she floored him. I thought it was great.    Doug Odom in big ditch