Slick Camaro

To: "LSR-List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slick Camaro
From: "Elon" <netstuff@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:46:30 -0800
Thanks to all that replied (with wisdom and humor!).

I wanted to run the new Classic Production class which dictates the year and
(since I have all SBC stuff ) also the manufacturer. I first stared looking
for a Monza (and the Skyhawk, Starfire, Sunbird clones). The problem is
availability and cost.  In the last month there has only been two Monzas on
eBay. Camaros are listed at hundreds per week!  The other problem is most of
the Monza race cars have been tubbed and narrowed by the drag guys. (That
puts me in an altered class. . . the same problem I have with my 67 Camaro).
And finally, streetable Monzas are becoming collectables by enthusiasts.

In addition, I have been told by a respected authority that the Production
guys are picky, picky. (Well maybe he didn't put it that way but you get the
point...:-).  Production means the SAME engine as the OEM and I don't want
to run a gas class (due to an engine swap).   So even though the Monza style
was produced by corporate GM it is not clear that I can run a SBC in an
Olds, Buick, or Pontiac. Since I am not a Monza historian I don't know if I
can prove positively that a SBC was original equipment in the other clones
(or even if they came with a V-8).  Ron Cohn are you listening??? Dan Warner
...help!

In the mean time there is a great deal on a 81 Camaro (in my same town,
i.e., no shipping charges) Oh what to do!!  Thanks again for all the sage
advise -Elon