Re: 1 hour turnaround time

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1 hour turnaround time
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:13:49 -0700
I ran when we used the one hour turn around and I had no problem. We ran
just after dawn and there was no wind to speak of. Maybe at other times wind
was a concern but not on the few times I got to make record runs.
I can see how some cars would have alot to do during the hour, but for a
Gas/Altered Coup there was plenty of time. The thing only had 5 miles on it
since I last ran the valves. Change the plugs and check fluids and run it.
The secret is not to make enough power to hurt yourself. Of course the
records were alot softer 25 years ago. Might not work now.
Rich Fox