Re: 1 hour turnaround time

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 hour turnaround time
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:35:28 -0700
It seems to me there is some confusion regarding the turn around times. At
speedweek the cars are impounded under security over night until they make
the return runs the next morning. This is for BNI records only not BNI / FIA
International records that require the one hour turn around that we do at
the world finals.

Lets not let this get out of control as to the difference of the two types
of records and how they are handled.
BNI ( Bonneville Nationals INC.) & Bonneville Nationals Inc. International
Records which are set under the FIA rules and classes are just that. They
are listed in the rule book. Anyone coming to the meets should fully
understand what they are running under, know the record, class and
everything related to it.

As I stated earlier we don't run FIA / BNI international record runs at
speed week. it is to large of an event to tie up the course for only a few
vehicles. Anyone that comes to the world finals knows going in that these
vehicles do interrupt the normal running of the course.

There are plans to have a second course at the world finals starting this
year. It is still in the planning stages and how to run it at that time. It
will probably be a short course like we run at speed week. During record
attempts for international records this course will be put on hold for
safety reasons.

Glen