Re: 1 hour turnaround time

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 hour turnaround time
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:34:29 -0500
Glen,
I'm not confused.......maybe I confused somebody else and if so, I'm sorry
about that.......I just think that the "old" record system is best. I still
would like to see it put back in force for Speedweek. As an aside, it could
also ease the differences between BNI and FIA and separate races may not
have to be held if the course operating rules were consistent. FIA
certification would also be simpler. If you want two courses...that's fine,
two courses are run at Speedweek anyway.....if you added a third course a
person might qualify on one and run records on the other. Or even just go
qualify and set records on the "record course". That wouldn't hold anybody
up from running. It would reduce the time spent in line for the first
couple of days in the event. After about Monday it wouldn't matter anyway
as the lines are not as much of an issue then.

You, of course, are perfectly correct in that all racers coming to a race
should be aware of the rules for records and how to accomplish record
runs/impound/time limits/return runs/etc.
 What I'm suggesting is just trying to get closer to the way FIA does
records........and the way it used to be at Speedweek.....

Another side of this is that the "few" record vehicles didn't seem to take
very long to run in years past and long course cars could just wait and
work on their cars/motorcycles....as they did before. I don't see how this
is so controversial.

Skip (Brainstorming is good for the soul...I think.....)