RE: 1 hour turnaround time

To: "Ralph Forsythe" <rf-list@centerone.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1 hour turnaround time
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 00:31:46 -0500
Ralph, List:
I agree w/ Ralph-- his response is the definitive argument against measuring
windspeed and adding or subtracting from the reported speed:
The effect of windspeed (on trap speed) will vary with the CdA of the
vehicle, and so the system simply couldn't be fair to everyone.
As the "clueless" newscaster used to say on Saturday Nite Live-- "never
mind."
Russ, #1226B

p.s.-- as some other responders pointed-out-- variations in windspeed are
such a small factor in current International LSR trap speeds that they are
not a credible (sorry, Jack) argument for 1-hr turnarounds.