Re: Quick Data Connectors

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Quick Data Connectors
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 07:28:02 -0400
http://www.analog.com/Analog_Root/productPage/productHome/0,,AD595,00.html

As far as i know this link is for the chips used in the Quickdata amps and would
suspect that they are copy of the app notes suggested application circuit. The
first thing that has become obvious is the temp ratting of the chips.. Max 50
degree C I think that they don't belong under the hood might be the first thing.
The other thing is if you look at the Vout table of the device it is not the
curve that Edelbrock uses although it is close. It does show the non linearity
of the device though so might be a good source of info as to starting a
calibration. Although it does not take the thermocouple it self into
consideration.

I do have a couple of questions about the use of these though. How much
information do you think you are going to get from the TC data as far as tune up
goes. I have used them for years and know what they will and won't tell me about
the tune-up. What does everyone else think they are going to learn by using
them. A why you think it might help as well. If you think you are going to get a
rich/lean type info from them you are sadly mistaken... Think about the
combustion process a little bit before you dispute this as it relates to an IC
engine and where you are measuring and what is actually going on at that point
in the system and what might affect it as well. How big a change in EGT temps
would you consider significant? If they are too high or low what do you propose
to change in the tune up as well??
Dave Dahlgren